Saturday, September 10, 2016

Videos from Shu

Hi! I am Shu Zhou and I am a composer here. I uploaded 2 videos of my compositions. Hope those would be interesting.  ​

https://drive.google.com/a/umich.edu/file/d/0B2wUEJseFmL8ajV6WFEwMlV4VnM/view?usp=drive_web

This piece is called Flying Fire and was premiered by Taya Konig-Tarasevich(Flute I), Anna Thompson(Flute II), Casey Voss(Percussion) and Joel Bein(Conductor) at Britton recital hall, U of M on February 15th, 2016. Thanks for all the performers and Professor Michael Daugherty's guidance!

https://drive.google.com/a/umich.edu/file/d/0B2wUEJseFmL8TVk5b1pxLUlsTlk/view?usp=drive_web

This art song piece was composed in 2010, the year that I started my undergraduate at SCCM in my hometown Chengdu. It was under the guidance of Professor Yang Xiaozhong. And today is the Chinese teacher’s day, best wishes for all the teachers who help me a lot during those years!

Something representative of what I want to achieve:

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed being able to see where your compositional voice has been and where you want to go. I would love to collaborate on a piece for saxophone and electronics - improvised or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was interesting in regards to how the selection process was engaged. I was trying to figure out how you sequenced the looping and instrumentation.

    ReplyDelete