Friday, September 9, 2016

Son Lux and My Stuff

This is a piece I wrote for a book series which displays my strong interest in altering acoustic timbre through electronic experimentation.




I have yet to compose experimental music for acoustic instrumentation, and I have never paired my work with another artistic element other than musical performers (example: dance, visual art, programmable art). Because of this, I chose one of Son Lux's concerts. When performing live, Ryan Lott does a really impressive job at creating very original sounds with a small amount of performers and instrumentation on stage. Ryan Lott inspires me both as an individual and as a collaborator because the music he makes is produced with such a limited amount of resources. This video should be start playing at 1:00:22, but one could hypothetically click anywhere along this video and be impressed by the types of sounds being produced. 




2 comments:

  1. I also love the part at about 28:30 where the audience becomes a part of the performance score.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the deconstructed approach to some of the orchestration. It provided an undulation I appreciated.

    ReplyDelete