Friday, September 9, 2016

Flute and EDM


This video represents a portion of my current practice; I am principally an orchestral flutist but do a lot of chamber music too. As a professional flutist playing freelance for fifteen years, I now want to branch out and create my own music. I have dabbled with singing/songwriting and want to use that creative side together with my love of the flute. I have just started a project with an electronic music producer and thought I can learn a lot through PAT512 towards that project. I want to shake things up and compose my own flute and computer music through collaboration. Klingande and Lovely Laura are a similar example to what I am thinking of doing, additionally incorporating aspects of interactive media using Ableton.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Klingande and Lovely Laura piece! So much exhilaration, so much freedom and joy, overwhelming passion, and so grounded. It would be fun to see how something like that would interact with technology and projection to literally project the emotions and sensations in the music into something tangibly magical. Also, I kept watching the videos and I love this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PL0RYlvfrROMXuMJ8EuQP2lpo-_E2xjgX4&v=iDjZFXz_iFY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for so many out there reference. This reminded me of like KILL BILL 2 or 3 sound score. Dry, Haunting, Space. I enjoyed it.

    The second listing. I like the drive of the saxophone.

    ReplyDelete