Friday, September 9, 2016

Groove-Oriented Works for Mixed Chamber Groups



This is a video of a work for snare drum and electronics I performed at my senior recital two years ago. The sheet music and video track was provided by the composer. I created the video to respond to the audio file to create the illusion that the computer was actually speaking with me. I really enjoyed the process of figuring out how to use Adobe InDesign to create this, and it worked really well with my recital.




I posted this video because I know of very few examples of works that fit the parameters of what I am looking to do. There is a large amount of high energy works for solo and electronics, but very few for chamber groups and electronics. The current works for chamber ensemble and electronics that exist tend to be more ambient and less groove-oriented. I would love for my project to introduce a new piece that bridges the divide that has been made between this performing medium and this genre of music. Live electronics are desired over pre-recorded tracks.

2 comments:

  1. I really do wish I had something more to say than "that was dope" but that second video... I wish I knew more about both the medium and genre, however I am excited to see what comes out as you bring them together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. I've worked with Akiho before, a beautiful human and a monster composer.

    ReplyDelete