Friday, September 9, 2016

Interactive electroacoustic performance with violin improvisation and wearable, foot operated software control

This is a video of the first prototype of my master's thesis. I chose this video because it shows me improvising, which I really enjoy. It also shows the technical/interactive work that I am interested in. The violin playing is improvised, while the prerecorded tracks are controlled with the slippers that I'm wearing. I would love to further develop this tool for a performance involving an instrumentalist + live sound processing. I would also be really happy if I could play/improvise on violin.

 This track that really inspires me. It for flute and supercollider, which I've dabbled in. I love how it combines true expressivity with incredible programming skills. I would love to explore working on a project that uses live sound synthesis and processing as part of an improvisatory experience.

3 comments:

  1. The slipper technology is so cool!! Might I also suggest putting the ballet slippers on a dancer? (elbow-elbow...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the interactive nature of the improvisation over pre-recorded material that was controlled simultaneously by the musician - great job on a very innovative Master's Thesis!

    Singularity was a wonderful piece to listen to. I really appreciated the use of so many techniques and colours of the flute's diverse palette of sounds. I promise, the saxophone can make lots of really cool sounds too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete