Thursday, October 20, 2016

Some exciting developments



After our in-class presentation, Ben, Paige and I decided to focus more on the actual music than the technical side of things. We composed some music separately as a way to show each other our artistic vision so that we can build from there. I composed a short piece using my basic knowledge of Logic and this is what I came up with. I'm excited for the possibility of using the flute to generate the melody line and make it sound like a different instrument. Our team process is very open and encouraging. We could improve upon executing our ideas, but I am sure this will start to snowball as ideas flow. Our process is informed by our charter in as much as we agree that we are each equally invested in the project and want to produce a great end result.
My inspiration for this composition and others in the future is the music of activists.
This one is based on Baker Baker by Tori Amos:

No comments:

Post a Comment