Sunday, October 16, 2016

Group Process

This assignment is making me appreciate how easily our groups rehearsal process has flowed! Up till now, we have really enjoyed exploring the discipline of dance/movement, and improvising quite a bit.  I don't think we have spent much time talking about the collaborative process itself. However, I think our method is going to have to change. At a certain point, we need to start actually fleshing out our concept. As we mentioned in our presentation last week, Jeff and I are just not skilled enough movers just yet to be able to improvise on movement in a compelling way. I'm looking forward to the process of composing music and choreographing movement completely in tandem. As a side note, one thing that I'm really enjoying  about our collaboration is how easygoing we are with each other, while still having artistic opinions. We are all willing to try anything at least once!


No comments:

Post a Comment