Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Performance Reflection

We didn't have our full group at Tuesday's meeting so we weren't able to coalesce as such. Paige and I talked about the individual ideas we have worked on and how we can incorporate the flute into the music in interesting ways. I am happy with the idea for one of compositions that I want to develop further - using the harmonies from a song by Tori Amos to create something new. I think that this idea is different in that Tori Amos is not associated with electronic dance music. Because her music inspires me, I find it very exciting to use it and evolve it into something new. I think that this contribution is useful in that it helps us as a team to define what the piece will eventually become. Going forward the three of us need to work together more. I know Ben and Paige met to solve some technical aspects dealing with speakers and Max; we now need to come together to create the music to perform with that technology. I am looking forward to our next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment