Thursday, December 22, 2016

The end!



What an incredible ride this course and semester has been! I have to say, I feel extremely fortunate to have been in a group with AJ and Carlos. Not only am I happy about the work we achieved together, but I am so grateful that the three of us created bonds together throughout this process. 

There were many experiences throughout that assisted in uncovering more about my artistic practice and my attitudes in collaboration. One of the greatest parts of this collaboration was re-learning how to let go and embrace every moment. During my music degree, this was something that was really hard to uncover- especially during practice sessions or performing. I've definitely gotten better throughout the years, however, being around other individuals who practice this (like my team) reaffirms this approach. 

I think just the general notion of being/staying CHILL no matter what technological mishaps during collaborations can be a bit tricky  - especially as a techy PAT major - who has to make sure that everything is working and developing with the larger technological framework.. this was definitely challenging during "the Dante sessions". Shout out to Leith for all his help on this :) 

Another aspect of our performance that I am really happy about is how we utilized this space. I remember when I first went to the Davis studio, I was looking around the beams and speakers, and was brainstorming about the performance possibilities of the space. It was really cool designing the staging with my teammates - this is something that I think we could expand on. Installations always feel so rewarding because of the transformation of the physical space and how it informs a performance and/or social interactions. It was really cool to see AJ and the dancers do just that during the performance. It was also really rewarding learning how to build the projector mounts and screens. 

It was such a unique opportunity to take a brand new collaborative course, and I would definitely suggest everyone to take a course like this at some point during their degree, because you get to experiment and play with incredible resources including the space and other talented individuals. 

Go Team Pineal Gland!









No comments:

Post a Comment