Thursday, November 3, 2016

Performance Reflection

Tuesday's performance felt a little awkward for me. We've been working really hard on our piece, and it felt strange to finally show it to people. I caught myself feeling a bit self-conscious at times (as a mover, not as a violinist). I am really relieved that people seemed to enjoy it, and understand the basic message that we are going for. I thought the feedback we got was very respectfully phrased, and helpful.

I know that the more we perform this piece, the better our communication will become. I feel like I can contribute more in terms of communicating/communing with Jeff and Molly when we  perform. I think one way we can improve is to simply run the piece a lot more. As we move ahead in the upcoming weeks, I think we will focus on expanding our beginning section, as there seemed to be a general agreement that it was a bit short. We also have to plan out the end of the piece, as we were improvising on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment