Sunday, January 22, 2017

Blog 2

My area of expertise would be jazz. One term that I always find people being confused of when used among my friends is the word "bad". When someone refers to someone else or what they are playing as "bad" it means they are killing and sound really great or really hip. This obviously can be confusing. Another word would be the "shed" or "shedding" which means the place where you practice or practing, someone might ask "what's up" and a response could be "hittin the shed" etc. Lastly the word "out", either as "that shit out" meaning the music or idea or the subject in general is very hip and modern, or a "that's out" as in not not really that killin (you will know that connotation when you hear it).

Lastly I think the most inaccurate conception of jazz is for it to be miscontrune as a "series of wrong notes". I feel this is disrespectful to the art that jazz is.

Benjamin Green

No comments:

Post a Comment